Hi, my name is
I build things for the web.
Welcome, I'm happy you're here!
I'm a Denver based Frontend Developer with a background in design, research, and language. I specialize in developing (and now and again designing) delightful user experiences. Currently, I'm a Web Engineer at Gloo, focused on creating human-centered products in the personal growth space.Get in touch
Hi, my name is Alex Hopkins and I'm a zillenial working as a web engineer in sunny Denver, CO!
A little about me: since graduating from The University of Colorado Boulder (sko Buffs) with a BA in International Affairs, I have worked as a waitress at a restaurant (and loved it), had a few internships, travelled quite a bit, became a graphic designer, discovered a deep love of cooking and hosting, attended General Assembly's Fullstack Software Engineering bootcamp, gotten my first (and second) web engineering gigs, and learned so much along the way. I mention all of this because I believe that each of my work experiences continue to contribue to my success as a developer and problem solver.
Here are a few technologies I've been working with recently:
Where I've Worked
March 2021 - Present
- Project:Program Explorer — research effort utilizing Gatsby.js & Prismic. Worked tightly with UX Research & Design to iterate quickly on functional prototype from initial design to live application with ads pointed at it.
Associate Web Engineer
May 2020 - March 2021
- Project:Barna Access Plus — utilizing React, Next.js, and ApolloGQL, BAP lays the groundwork for a content platform build on Gloo's core authentication services. The site showcases a bright and snappy UI that delights its users. Built on a Prismic data source (headless CMS), the architecture of Prismic 'slices' is comprehensive, scalable, and easy to navigate for even the least-tech savy content managers.
- Project:Ecommerce Buyflow / Registration — nicknamed 'dreamflow', Gloo's new ecommerce flow binds together the registration process for their myriad of products under one, dynamically branded umbrella. Technologies utilized: Next.js, React, Redux, and ApolloGQL
Natural Habitat Adventures|Boulder, CO
Jr Frontend Web Developer
July 2019 - May 2020
- Design and develop new UI features for both end user and content creators within CMS
- Spearheaded API integration to allow for dynamic, real-time data loading
- Collaborate with product team to improve internal features to increase efficiency
- Develop end-to-end integration tests using Cypress.io
AMB3R Creative|Boulder, CO
June 2018 - February 2019
- Designed custom apparel for 40+ clients
- Created pixel perfect separations to take designs from digital to screen print
- Itterated with clients and project managers to ensure customer delight
- Developed 86 page look-book and style guide for both internal use and external marketing
Some Things I've Built
Ecommerce flow that steamlines the purchase process of Gloo's applications.
Made at: Gloo (private repository)
Get in Touch
Although I'm not currently looking for work, I'm always happy to chat and entertain exciting opportunties. If you want to start a conversation, please shoot me an email or connect with me on LinkedIn and we can grab a coffee (virtually or in person).Say hello